Designing the Mobile User Experience – a 2-day course
Why take this course?
As designers, developers, and UX practitioners who strive to achieve business success through designing mobile experiences, we face many design challenges. This course will help you:
- Build mobile strategies to unite your channels and prioritize investment
- Make effective decisions about supported devices and operating systems to streamline development and ensure a consistent user experience
- Analyze and prioritize features to improve usability and satisfy end-user needs
- Select the right controls and UI patterns to improve usability
- Create responsive designs to improve cross-device compatibility
- Test and validate your application's usability to reduce risk and improve user satisfaction
By focusing on creating a design narrative, or the “mobile story,” participants are given best practices and the hands-on experience of creating a mobile design’s structure, elaborating its details, and validating its user experience in a prototype.
What You'll Learn
This course will help answer the following questions:
- What must the mobile channel do for my clients/ end-users?
- What is the right interface solution for my project (responsive design, adaptive design, native app, etc.)?
- How do I choose the right navigation?
- What is the right layout approach for maximizing the use of the screen real estate?
- When and how should I use the various patterns/ screen elements available across mobile operating systems?
- What are the interaction and visual design considerations across device types?
- What are the best methods for prototyping and usability testing a mobile project?
What You Get
- A comprehensive student manual
- Quick reference job aids
Who should attend
This course is recommended for:
- UX/usability practitioners who research, design, and validate mobile applications and websites. Note: This course does not cover mobile game design
- Developers who will be implementing a mobile design and collaborating with a UX team. Note: This course focuses on visual and interaction design, not on development techniques and QA testing for performance
- Business Analysts who are involved in the research, requirements and design of mobile systems
- Product Managers who need to know best practices for managing successful mobile initiatives
There are no prerequisites, but it is advised that participants should have familiarity with user experience and usability best practices, such as those taught in HFI’s Certified Usability Analyst (CUA) program. This foundation helps participants understand the concepts taught during the course and make a natural transition to the mobile design principles.
Request more information